[Gllug] Installing software on Raq3

Darran D. Rimron-Molloy darran at rimron.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 19:41:07 UTC 2001

> Anyone know any gotchas, before I leap on to this (entirely
> hypothetical) machine and knock some security into it?

Other than the fact that are complete pants? ;-)

Um, I think all you need to know is in the /etc/issue.net - you use telnet
and "we" *MAY* chop off your balls and use them for marbles, oh, and
dishonour your support contract.

Check if they have SSH as a standard option/package/upgrade/widgit on their
site. That way you may get away with installing SSH and disabling telnet via
the *LOVELY* web interface without invalidating your warrenty.

	-D

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk