[Gllug] magicpoint @ gllug tomorrow

Matt Amos matt.amos at ic.ac.uk
Sat Nov 10 01:09:25 UTC 2001

> Ok so I am not on the official list of talks, but I don't care. I was
> there when we took over the UCL finance division for a two-week sit-in. I
> got excluded from school. Twice. I can do what I like. I'm a student and I
> buck authority.

reading the bill gates thread and this gave me an idea...

bill gates is worth $74bn ~= £51,000 mil, and from the ucas website theres
281809 students who entered university this year. thats £300 mil in
tuition fees. even if bill paid he'd still have 99.4% of his wealth.

now i realise its all tied up in stock, and if he started to sell much of
it then the stock would crash, he'd be penniless and america would implode
into 9,000 years of poverty and trailer trash...

to put it all into perspective: "Each week, sub-Saharan Africa pays $250
million in debt repayments to the west" -- dropthedebt.org. this means
bill, the wealthiest man in the west could pay only for 296 days, or 9 and
a half months...

so chairman bill doesnt have that much money, really...

cya,

matt