[Gllug] slightly OT: laptop advice

David Irvine co2cool at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 23:59:37 UTC 2001

On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 18:53, John Hearns wrote:
> On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 17:01, SteveC wrote:
> >
> > So its my 21st a few days before xmas so if I combine xmas + bday presents
> > I could get a new laptop - something I can really use. So at the moment I
> > am thinking an ibook with OSX... I won't be reformatting it... I want a
> > laptop to actualy USE :-)
>
> > And anyway - the ibook pulses this cool white light when its sleeping...
> >
> <southern accent>
>
> Now looky here, gather round all you good ol' boys.
> Sheriff Buford T. Justice heah.
>
> This young whippernspper heah, he comes to give a talk at the
> gold-darned GLLUG meeting on the Saturday.
> An' the next thing he's been seduced by a show of a frilly
> white case and a flash of those baby white lights.
> A painted Jezzobel I tell you. A painted Jezzobel has turned his
> poor head from the one true path.

Didnt they used to burn people for that? oh thats right, i remember now,
first of all we have to strap him to a chair and throw him in a river,
if he drowns, then he has donated his soul to the great open source
penguin in the sky. If he lives we have  to tie him to a stake with cat
5 and burn him for wandering from the chosen path of the command prompt.

I'll bring the stake.  Judge Hearns you bring the matches :D

Yuck. OSX. Yuck!

David

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk