[Gllug] Samba is not dancing

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Fri Nov 23 10:43:15 UTC 2001

Hi all,

I have a Samba 2.2.2 on Red Hat 6.2, 2.4.12 kernel I can get every M$ box
on the network to see it and the relevant shares Win95, 98, 2000 pro boxes
even an XP box all no problem, except one, a Win2k advanced server.  It
gives out an error message of 'semaphore timeout expired'.  It has been
driving me nuts for days now.  I have RTFMed and googled till I am blind,
though there seem to be a lot of muppets like myself asking but no one
really answering it well.  Does anyone have any good ideas please or has
anyone actually solved the problem.

peace Jim

"your ignorance is our strength."
--George Orwell