[Gllug] 2.4.15

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Mon Nov 26 14:06:26 UTC 2001

Hi Stig,

I know how you feel  used to have problems with dselect and package
management systems in general but it did teach me tar ;-).
On Saturday, November 24, 2001, at 03:06 PM, Stig Brautaset wrote:

> Thanks for this info Mr. Damerell, I've hung around several of the
> Debian mailinglists for a while now, and this was sort of news to me
> anyway. Do you know if aptitude suffers from the same problem? (I don't
> like dselect. IMHO it has a very confusing interface, I have never even
> managed to leave it without using C-c...) Or maybe I should really start
> using dselect (and RTFM?).

The secret to using dselect is to follow the system logically through its
various levels 1-6 though 1 can safely be skipped.  At the end of 2
[S]elect when you have made your choices press shift q and you will be
ready for install, also while in select press "?" and a lot of help is
available.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk