[Gllug] Email Formats

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Nov 23 11:51:47 UTC 2001

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 11:16:09AM +0000, tet at accucard.com wrote:

> >Still, at least it's better than the people who send a massive
> >Word attachment just for a two line note.
>
> Or in the case of people here, screenshots. Rather than just attach
> the image to the email, they paste it into a word document first...

I scored a victory a few days ago. The PR dept wanted to share lots of photos with
everybody in the company. Since I winged loudly at this sort of thing in the past ...
They 'phoned me: can we put it up on the internal web site, so a few minutes
later they had an account on the linux box that they could drop files into
using Samba and I had told apache to display a 'pics' directory in their HOME.

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk