[Gllug] Email Formats

Steve Nicholson steve.nicholson at yoursolutions.com
Sat Nov 24 01:29:32 UTC 2001

> Or in the case of people here, screenshots. Rather than just attach
> the image to the email, they paste it into a word document first...

That's cos they generally don't know how to get the image from the
screen shot other than pasting it into word.  I ran some desktop
training while I was at M&S, most users didn't understand any of these
basic things of using their PC.  The company had put in millions of
pounds worth of kit and no one knew how to use it properly.  It's the
lack of understanding and training that causes these problems not
necessarily that the users are stupid (although most are!), there is
normal a big jump in someone's ability and approach once they have a
proper understanding of the how's and why's.  I could go on about it but
too tired, lack of training for uses is one of my pet peeves, actually
it's the lack of management understanding that money spent on this will
help the bottom line.

Steve

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk