[Gllug] Office software

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Fri Nov 16 11:14:13 UTC 2001

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 10:20:02AM +0000, Alain Williams wrote:
> IMHO: gnome/kde developers should be forced to use 100MHz pentiums with 32 Mb ram.
> We would soon see a rapid drop in machine resources needed.

I thought that g++ generated non-optimal code (Nix will prolly know
more) Last time I had a root through the KDE sources, the key
libraries seemed to make sense in the way that they were designed. I
also hear rumblings about the speed of the signals/slots Troll Tech
extensions to C++, especially where extensive use is made of them. But
IANAC++ guru.

OTOH, I just added the FISH KIO-slave, and suddenly the entire
environment can make use of SSH. Which is v. cool. :)

Cheers,

Simon

--
"I don't think so," said Rene Descartes.  Just then, he vanished.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk