[Gllug] thin desktops for X ... flwm http://blackbox.alug.org/

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue Nov 20 00:39:42 UTC 2001

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 11:23:32PM +0000, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> No, it's documented. AFAIR from talking to Brad Hughes (the initiator of
> bb) the GNOME hints are left out because of bad design by the GNOME
> people. (It's worth noticing that Brad works for Troll Tech. ...)

He wouldn't be the only person to criticise the Gnome hints system.  The
Window Maker developers and others are fairly sniffy about it as well.
The general substance of the comments I've seen is that it's a random
mess rather than something properly planned.

--
Bruce

I unfortunately do not know how to turn cheese into gold.