[Gllug] thin desktops for X-> was Office software

Steve Nicholson steve.nicholson at yoursolutions.com
Sun Nov 18 22:58:24 UTC 2001

> Yes.  It would be unusable otherwise.  Default keybindings are Mod1+F9
> to create a new workspace and Mod1+n (where n is a number) to go to
> workspace n.

Great got board with trying to get Zope to work today and had a play.
Put ION on the work station with dual monitors, very cool once I got the
idea of how it works. I think this would be very useful on a laptop
since the windows equally distributed, overlapping can be a pain
sometimes.

Handles pop up windows a little funny, I guess that is to be expected.
Gimp is a little weird with the multiple windows, works fine if I create
a frame for each tool window on the edge or on the other monitor and
place one it each. And as you say if it saves the session you only need
to do it once and then use that workspace for Gimp each time. Anyway
thanks for this will add it to the list for the laptop.

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk