[Gllug] Broad Band Access

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 16:57:53 UTC 2001

On Mon, 2001-11-05 at 16:27, David Irvine wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Living out in the sticks, there isnt much in the way of internet access,
> If  you beg bt for long enough, you  can sometimes get an ISDN link  for
> a cost,
Is that really true?
I though BT had  'universal access' regulations -
ie. if they offer one subscriber a service in (say) South East, then
they must offer it at the same cost to anyone.
This applies to ISDN and ADSL (given that the exchange is equipped
of course).

Otherwise your idea is excellent - good way to go
for small communities, and telecommuters.
I'd keep quiet though about the wireless side -
it is probably not on to charge for a wireless service.
Somebody with better knowledge than me probably knwos better,
or knows a better way to frame a cost-sharing agreement.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk