[Gllug] Comic offer + Pine & Cable question

jim jim at madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 8 15:54:29 UTC 2001

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Formi wrote:
>  it is like a DB9 or serial cable, the pins are in three rows, so you
>  can plug it to a standard soundcard.

15-pin D-type in 3 rows of 5 is a VGA connector.

>  By the way, it doesn matter how thouroghly I explain it, always somebody
>  is going to come out with a "slightly unrelated answer".

Yes? You typed "gllug" into the To: field of your mailer, what do you
expect, on-topic discussion? 8-)

>  I don't have a really good command of English, but would you call a cable
>  to a ribbon? I wouldn't.

No, we talk about "ribbon cables" all the time.

Cheers, jim
--
http://madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk/people/jim/
"... I naturally gravitated to London, that great cesspool into which all the

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk