[Gllug] tin, vi and wide messages

Walid walidshaari at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 19:33:31 UTC 2001

 --- Kim Hawtin <kim at aldigital.co.uk> wrote: >
> > > Having never really bothered to learn vi before I am having problems
> using
> > > it with tin as the editor.  I don't know how to make it force my lines to
> > > be <78 chars wide.  I used to use emacs and I did it ok in that but I
> > > haven't got emacs on this machine.  Can anyone tell me the configuration
> > > change to vi (or is it a change to the way tin calls vi) that is
> required?
>
> and throw in the Manual and the FAQ, for good measure;
>
> http://tinfpc2.vub.ac.be/manuals/vim/index.html
> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/editor-faq/vim/
If that was the case then I belive these links should be the updated ones :

http://www.vim.org
http://www.vim.org/faqnew/

unless there is somethin special about the ones mentioned before!

> yours,
>
> kim
> --
> :Kim_Hawtin:--------------------------------------:-----------------:
> | A.L. Digital Ltd.   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755     | "Time is an     |
> | The Stores          Fax: +44 (20) 8742 5995     |  illusion.      |
> | 2 Bath Road         http://www.thebunker.net    |  Lunch time,    |
> | London W4 1LT       http://www.aldigital.co.uk  |  doubly so."    |
> | UNITED KINGDOM      mailto:kim at aldigital.co.uk  |  - Ford Prefect |
>

> --

=====

walid at melinux.com
http://www.MeLinux.com

"Learn whatever knowledge you wish to acquire, and act upon what you have learned."

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk