[Gllug] Kerberos Sysadmin Article.

Formi rcarrera at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 11 11:34:08 UTC 2001

 Hi,

 apologies for talking to much.

 The article about integrating security on mixed windblows, unix and
 netware, is actually called.

 Single sign on promises.

 And was not published in Sysadmin, it was in the mcp mag.

 It does talk about Kerberos realms, but the m$ view. That
 can be resumed in the following words, written by them,
 not me.

 "Cross-platform hierarchical Kerberos realm support isn't included,
 however you can set up a trust relationship between pin2k and Kerberos
 realms. The trust won't be transitive, but it can be configured(*)."

 So basically unless you have a win2k, the article is not helpful. It does
 actually explain how the Kerberos realm works, but being m$ words I don't
 think it can be trusted exactly in the same way as on Unix platforms.

 (*) I believe probably you have to reach enlightenment, before you can
 achieve it, tough.

                                          Formi.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk