[Gllug] RE: Mailbox formats, was RedHat

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Mon Nov 5 08:19:38 UTC 2001

>>From the man page of maildir :
>" A machine may crash while it is delivering a message.  For both mbox files
>and mh folders this means that the message will be silently truncated.  Even
>worse: for mbox format, if the message is truncated in the middle of a
line, it
>will be
>silently joined to the next message.  The mail transport agent will try again
>later to deliver the message, but it is unacceptable that a corrupted message
>should show up at all. In maildir, every message is guaranteed complete upon
>delivery."

I keep thinking of changing my mail storage method to maildir but I wasn't
sure that procmail worked with that OK so I never got around to doing it.
Could someone tell me if I can use procmail and if not is there an
alternative that is just as good.  Or have I got completely confused.

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk