[Gllug] AutoFS anyone...?

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 19:51:30 UTC 2001

On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 11:00, Dylan Brewis wrote:
> I'm trying to set up AutoFS 3.1.7 on SuSE 7.3. I have made sure the package
> is installed, and uncommented the lines in /etc/auto.master and
> /etc/auto.misc which relate to the local CDROM. The START_AUTOFS variable in
> /etc/rc.config has been set to "yes". The documentation says I need to
> "activate Kernel Automounter Support in the kernel configuration (as a module
> preferrably)."

As I recall, this should be switched on by default in most kernels
anyway. I may be wrong.
If you aren't confident about building/installing kernels yet,
then don't worry.

Try the command 'insmod autofs' then 'lsmod' on your system,
and let us know what it says.
(ps. - you don't need to issue these commands every time.
I'm just trying to make sure that the autofs module is there).

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk