[Gllug] new XP poster

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Nov 28 21:02:06 UTC 2001

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 10:25:54AM +0000, David Damerell wrote:
> On , 27 Nov 2001, Xander D Harkness wrote:
> >I would not expect many people to use non M$ products and alter them to
> >advertise themselves as M$ (only to access various web sites and even
> >here many have mentioned they would seek an alternate web site)
>
> Changing the User-Agent: is a pain in most browsers; I doubt anyone
> toggles it, so they only have to want to change it once.

And if you have it set in junkbuster or similar you may simply forget
that it is there.  I think mine identifies me as using Netscape on
MacOS, whether I use w3m or konqueror.

--
Bruce

The most interesting thing about King Charles the First is that he was
five foot six inches tall at the start of his reign but only four foot
eight inches tall at the end of it. -- Monty Python