[Gllug] thin desktops for X-> was Office software

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Sun Nov 18 03:22:44 UTC 2001

On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 10:56:24PM -0000, Steve Nicholson wrote:
> I like the idea of ION, especially for a laptop since the mouse is a
> pain having to use the little nipple thing!  I couldn't tell from the
> website, does ION use multiple workspaces?

Yes.  It would be unusable otherwise.  Default keybindings are Mod1+F9
to create a new workspace and Mod1+n (where n is a number) to go to
workspace n.

I usually set up one workspace divided vertically in two (and maybe the
left pane then divided horizontally) and another 3 or 4 workspaces
fullscreen.  Given that Ion lets you stack multiple frames (as opposed
to having overlapping frames) and that it remembers your set-up between
sessions, I tend to forget the keybindings for creating and resizing
frames;)

PWM is also highly keyboard friendly.

--
Bruce

Those who cast the votes decide nothing.  Those who count the
votes decide everything. -- Joseph Stalin