[Gllug] OT japanese question

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Fri Nov 2 14:54:31 UTC 2001

tet at accucard.com(tet at accucard.com)@Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 02:25:48PM +0000:

> Yes, but sometimes that's the only place you can get stuff. The newer
> Toshiba Librettos being a prime example. BTW, if anyone knows where I
> can get hold of a Libretto ff1100V, I'd be eternally grateful...

oo, i hate to say it, but:
 me too!

i was originally looking at the L2 http://www.dynamism.com/libretto/main.shtml
but it's still a little on the large size, the ff1100V looks even smaller.

> >Bear in mind that HM C&E will try to bone you for about 20% of the
> >purchase price given half a chance.
>
> Overall it'll probably work out more than that. When buying good
> from abroad, you pay the purchase price plus any local sales taxes
> plus shipping. When it arrives in the UK, duty is added to the total
> purchase price so far (including shipping costs). VAT is then slapped
> on top of the whole lot (including duty), so you're effectively
> being taxed on the tax you're already paying. If anyone other than a
> government were doing that, they'd have been hounded out of business
> long ago...

i wish i had a government, they get money for doing nothing, what an
amazing business model that is.

hmmm, small island, mumble mumble, mercenaries, mumble mumble, coup-d'tat,
mumble mumble, geek friendly government, mumble mumble, invade redmond,
mumble mumble, take over world, etc etc.

--

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk