[Gllug] bash startup

Rob Andrews rob at impure.org.uk
Thu Nov 1 18:35:07 UTC 2001

[01-Nov-2001 17:10.58 (GMT) / SteveC]
 > Having installed the bash package for FreeBSD I put /usr/local/bin/bash
 > for my shell in the passwd entry, and /usr/local/bin/bash also appears in
 > /etc/shells but bash never comes up, I get sh instead. bash is runnable
 > from sh.

/me mumbles something about this being a *linux* user group... <g>

On BSDen you should be using vipw, you know. So if you've just done 'vi
/etc/passwd', you'll get no bag of bananas and no free cuddly toy. It
updates the necessary databases after you've finished editing it.

--
* only the good die young. the rest are forced to code perl for eternity *

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk