[Gllug] picturebook

Formi rcarrera at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 23:58:52 UTC 2001

On 10 Nov 2001, David Irvine wrote:

> Its time to ditch the thinkpad (Back to base for  the 3rd time in  less
> than 8 months) and get a  new laptop, this time i quite fancy  a
> picturebook, and after having a look on the web i've seen a few
> different models, I've heard good reports on them but  im finding it
> hard getting real information on them, i've found  one at
> microwarehouse with a crusoe chip for 1200 quid, is that a good deal?
>
> What i would like to know is does anybody have any experience  of
> picturebooks, would they recommend them and what about the crusoe chip?
> Is battery life going to  be  super?   Basically waht i need from a
> laptop is simply battery life,  small  lightweight footprint, a fairly
> large hdd, and a pcmcia slot.  I would also like  an  external dvd/cdrw
> drive  since i spend a lot of time on  the move it would  be nice to
> watch movies on the train.

 Take up juggling, my experience about using the external floppy unit and
 a external cdrom of a tp560e in a bus, is to be minimalistic, abit
 challenging, yoy mileage may vary. Appart movies and battery life are
 like Guates and RMS together.

 You can tell me that you already knew that.

                   Cheers,
                                       Formi.

> Any other recommendations on a new laptop? I
> also  quite like the size of the picturebook, i dont need a large
> screen, just something to code on when i'm between  meetings, and
> something cute to show off at gllug/slug meetings :d
>
> Cheers in advance
>

> David

                                    RED Formi.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk