[Gllug] Idea for meeting

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Wed Nov 7 15:52:48 UTC 2001

Paul Nasrat(pnasrat at uk.now.com)@Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 03:33:33PM +0000:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 03:20:37PM +0000, Steve Cobrin wrote:
>
> > ok, one of the things I was going to mention in my talk is "mirror" which
> > takes a snapshot of an ftp site. I've been using it for over 10 years, and
> > find it very useful. Also I could remention "sudo", which I'm a great fan of.
> >
> > If anybody want to recommend any other mirroring software, I'll try and take
> > a look at it, and offer some biased opinions :-)
> > [examples I can think of are: wget, emirror, fmirror]
>
> rsync (and now the new and funky librsync from the rproxy project).

hmm, interesting, i was not aware if librsync, must investigate.  rsync
has a bug in it, which i havent gotten arround to fixing yet.  but
possibly librsync doesnt suffer from that problem, unless it uses fork()
in the library.  which would be a 'bad thing'.

--

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk