[Gllug] Re: [OT] Google 403 Forbbiden

Walid walidshaari at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 00:11:12 UTC 2001

 --- Tom Gilbert <tom at linuxbrit.co.uk> wrote: > * Walid (walidshaari at yahoo.com)
wrote:
> >  --- Tom Gilbert <tom at linuxbrit.co.uk> wrote: > * Walid
> (walidshaari at yahoo.com)
> /search
> > > from

> > > I had the exact same issue a while ago, but that turned out to be my
> > > browser talking HTTP1.1 to my junkbuster proxy (which only speaks 1.0)
> > > and it consequently getting all confused. You using a proxy?
> > Well BlueYonder help page says I am :
> >
> > "All Broadband(cable modem) and Dial Up users are transparently cached.
> This
> > means that you do not need to enter any cache settings into your browser"
> > Transparent proxies are hard to bypass!
>
> Well obviously I've no idea what they are using, but you could always
> try forcing your browser to use http1.0

Sorry Tom,
Where can I Force that? I just tried to see in Opera Preference no avail!
TIA

> Tom.
> --
>    .^.    .-------------------------------------------------------.
>    /V\    | Tom Gilbert, London, England | http://linuxbrit.co.uk |
>  /(   )\  | Open Source/UNIX consultant  | tom at linuxbrit.co.uk    |
>   ^^-^^   `-------------------------------------------------------'
>
> --

=====

walid at melinux.com
http://www.MeLinux.com

"Learn whatever knowledge you wish to acquire, and act upon what you have learned."

Nokia Game is on again.
Go to http://uk.yahoo.com/nokiagame/ and join the new
all media adventure before November 3rd.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk