[Gllug] Strange Attractor Talk

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 15:23:28 UTC 2001

Alex Hudson wrote:

>Even a brief look through I had just now, consume-routing was hilarious. The
>rejection of private addressing, the lack of any firm idea of how such a
>system might route without a mother-of-all routing table.

There are ideas on using geographical co-ordinates for assigning IPs.
Exciting stuff.

>The standardisation
>on ipv6 immediately makes consume impractical for anyone except hardcore
>geeks (I have too many devices which talk ipv4 for that to be practical, and
>I expect any 802.11 gear I get - iPaqs spring to mind - may not even support
>it even if I wished to use it).

I have an iPAQ.

ipv6, and mobile ipv6 work on it, according to the Familiar mailing list.
http://www.crl.research.digital.com/projects/mercury/

BTW, if anyone is thinking of an iPAQ, Morgan Computers are currently
selling off
some of the recently superseded 32Mbyte models for 270 UKP.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk