[Gllug] hardware places

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 09:48:47 UTC 2001

On Tue 23 Oct, Anthony Leung wrote:

> I nearly bought from scan, tempted by the special offers, but didn't in the
> end.
> I ordered a Matrox Milllenium from g450, oem from simply and they were
> complete crap about it. I ordered some speakers at the same time just to
> save on the delivery fees, but after 2 weeks where they said they were
> waiting for stock, I noticed through an electronically generated email that
> my speakers had been dispatched, and they charged me delivery, ie, charging
> me more for the speakers than I was lead to believe and also changing the
> order I handed over my credit card details to. And they didn't even tell me.
> What a complete farce... wasted my time and effort... : /
> Anthony
> p.s. have placed my order with rlsupplies now, but still waiting, it's been
> nearly a week.

   Did you say that you were near North Acton and Park Royal? I can think of
5 hardware distributors within walking distance of home, and others within a
short drive. We may each only purchase small quantities, but might be able
to get bigger discounts if we can show that there is a large group of us
wishing to buy.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk