[Gllug] hardware places

jane taylor jane at moonrose.demnospamon.co.uk
Tue Oct 23 13:36:39 UTC 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:19:36 +0100, you wrote:

~try
~
~www.stacktrading.co.uk

the actual URL is
http://online.staktrading.com/cgi-bin/stakshop/  - they're based in
Rugby (and you can buy over the web and then go and pick up - don't go
first and buy on the spot as they charge 10% more!!)

(the quoted URL does forward itself to the actual one)

Also try http://www.eclipse-computers.com/ in Coventry
They're a bit cheaper usually than Stak.

256MB PC133 SDRAM is currently a rather silly £15+VAT at both places
(though at shows it's about £16).

 I've bought the bulk of my PC components from these two, with few
problems. Stak can take ages to get back orders, though. The last time
I ordered something from Stak, I got free postage as it was over £100,
and it arrived the next day! Beware - they use Citylink, who deliver
M-F, in business hours *only to your debit/credit card registered
addy*. (unless you pay a whopping surcharge for Saturdays), so it can
be a little tricky (>stressful) getting stuff delivered outside of
them unless you live near a depot and can go rescue your packages.

good hunting

--
jane

Mark Twain

Please remove nospam from replies, thanks!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk