[Gllug] [Q] Digital Camera Recomendations

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Fri Oct 19 19:47:48 UTC 2001

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 gllug at uncertainty.org.uk wrote:

> > FWIW, you can minimise the delay by ensuring you have fresh batteries.
> > At least on the Olympus C-2020 Z I've found that the delay increases as
> > the batteries run down.

Yes.  I used to "maintain" that camera for my boss - who was a very nice
person, no criticism of him intended.  But the camera was a nightmare.
Batteries would run down in minutes, and it wouldn't be able to work its
serial connection accept when perfectly fresh.  I think if I were going to
use it at a racetrack I would be tempted to bring along a small diesel
generator...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk