[Gllug] Distribution Pecking Order So far

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Tue Oct 23 17:01:04 UTC 2001

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 03:08:16PM +0100, Jackson, Harry wrote:
> The score so far on the distribution front. I am also collating a list of
> the names of who is using what so that it may be handy if you are ever
> looking for specific advice about something.

Please don't add my name to that list!

Work:
HPUX 11
Solaris 7 and 8
Redhat 7.[01]
Redhat 6.2
Some old 'unstabel' Debian i inherited and plan on making Redhat to fit
with the rest
Windows NT, 2K, 98

Home:
Windows NT 4
Windows 98
Suse 7.[012] (Desktop, desktop and laptop) Wheres the upgrade policy!
Mandrake 6 something (p133)
OpenBSD 2.8, 2.9 in VMware on laptop. Evaling, openBSD is so tidy...
Slackware 7.0 in VMWare on laptop (Playing with kernals)
Sun OS something (2.4 i think) on a sparc 2 clone.

And i plan to get the newest FreeBSD (4.5?) at the next GLLUG. Also does
anyone use Engarde?

	Dean

--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
   --- Anon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk