[Gllug] Nothing Simple

Roberto D'Amico rdamico at metascybe.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 16:30:49 UTC 2001

<snip>

> Heres the deal. I can now get into XWindows after altering
> xinitrc in the root directory. I have not tried Gnome as I
> suspect it will throw a wobbly again. The mouse has
> definitely gone tits up and decides that the top right hand
> side of the screen is the place for it to be, permanent! piss
> off, leave an overworked mouse alone. This is no fun when you
> are shit with a keyboard and have tried all the obvious ways
> to get the focus on a window (I know alt tab but how do you
> start the shell or get to the bottom bar I also know ctrl esc
> its just a pain) with no joy the best of which was when I
> tried failsafe and I could not get to the command prompt, yes
> it was safe alright it was safe because I could not get to it.
>
> Hardware is a basic PIII 500 with 256mRam and Omnicube
> KVM!!!!!! (Could this be the mouse problem)

I also use a OmniCube KVM switch.
I also had the same mouse problem, with the KWM switch and without.

It was because gpm was running. I removed an entry from a certain file (sh!t
I can't remember which file)
I know it's not much help but some else can fill in the details.

Roberto

PS: Again sorry, not much help!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk