[Gllug] The BBC and Microsoft.

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 00:20:34 UTC 2001

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, tet at accucard.com gibbered:
> PS. How is it that I can't remember what I'm supposed to be doing today,
>     or even what I did yesterday, yet I can remember the memory address
>     of an Econet station ID some 13 years later?

The first hacks you do always last the longest... I can still remember
0xCC9C and 0xCC9D, the addresses to frob to change the foreground and
background colours on the C64... I think I'll ignore remembering what
addresses 0 and 1 did, after all they are rather easy to remember, but I
can still remember what the individual *bits* did...

(I can still remember a frightening amount of ZX81 stuff. Perhaps the
 only computer to have inspired the name of an entire, albeit fictional,
 mountain range?)

--
`You're the only person I know who can't tell the difference
 between a pair of trousers and a desk.' --- Kieran, to me

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk