[Gllug] The BBC and Microsoft.

jim jim at madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Oct 31 13:29:13 UTC 2001

[Econet]

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 tet at accucard.com wrote:
> Hideously insecure, though.

Heh. you should have tried ENET (can't remember the vendor). When you
opened a file, that would give you the sector position of the file on the
Winchester, and the client would be trusted to stay in the file. Read /
write any sector on disc over the network! What we did to it doesn't bear
thinking about. (I could change people's passwords for them without
logging into the file server).

jim
--
http://madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk/people/jim/
"... I naturally gravitated to London, that great cesspool into which all the

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk