[Gllug] Linux USB ADSL drivers: how stable?

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Fri Oct 12 13:00:15 UTC 2001

On Fri, 2001-10-12 at 13:46, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> What I'm curious to know is who out there is actually using the
> drivers and what their experiences are.  The page for the driver isn't
> all that promising and it sounds like it's far from trouble-free.

The drivers are fine, though they weren't always.  I've had Linux
running an ADSL connection under high load for months, it's fine.

> Final question: any recommendations for a DSL provider?  In particular
> I don't want NAT and want a real, static IP.  Nildram have been
> suggested.

Nildram and Mailbox both seem the consensus for ADSL..

~C.

--
$a="printf.net"; Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a
         "In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk