[Gllug] The BBC and Microsoft.

Richard Hillesley richard at linuxuser.co.uk
Mon Oct 29 12:13:14 UTC 2001

On Monday 29 October 2001 11:27, you wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 08:30:50AM -0000, robin.c.smith at bt.com wrote:
> > >If the open source community were to offer a ready-made series on
> > >computing, or to offer their advice and assistance to produce such a
> >
> > series,
> >
> > >I am sure that it would be accepted gladly, (although it is much more
> > >difficult to produce good television programmes than most people think).
> > > It might be worth including computer construction, set-up, use, and
> >
> > programming
> >
> > >information, after all it is a long time since the BBC produced the
> > > series that introduced the public to computing with the "A", "B", and
> > > "Master" series.
> >
> > I quite like this idea, has anyone got contacts with production
> > companies? You could actually do this as a project and for profit.
>
> *cough* I work for a tv station.

it has to be said that free software, and Linux has a great story to tell,
that is still fresh to lots of people, and approached in the right way,
people like Stallman are always willing to speak. Glyn Moody's Rebel Code
seems to me a good starting point for persuading the right people.
Just my opinion, though.

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk