[Gllug] So Intel removes serial ports

Simon Trimmer simon at urbanmyth.org
Thu Oct 4 17:04:20 UTC 2001

On 4 Oct 2001, Xander D Harkness wrote:
> How will I communicate with my servers?
>
> What will it do for terminal servers?
>
> What about logging into my servers using my palm?
>
> Oh I forgot, many of my servers are 4-5 years old - I have plenty of
> time to get a replacement :-)

Indeed, the parallel/serial/ps2 ports on the IA64 machines I had 18 months
ago were on a "legacy IO board", so this isn't too much of a surprise. We'll
be able to buy io boards for machines if we need them (though tet pointed out
you might not have enough slots to plug one in...)

As far as I remember there were some interesting problems with linking two
machines with USB, has anyone tried it?

-Simon
Simon Trimmer <simon at urbanmyth.org>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk