[Gllug] Proxy awareness campaign

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Wed Oct 17 14:03:11 UTC 2001

Hi all,

BT definately don't want you running servers off your ADSL I checked out
their terms and conditions some months back, a server is definatlely a no,
  no as was connecting the ADSL link to anything other than a single
machine which may not be connected to a network.  If you wanted your
machine to connect to say the children's pc in their bedroom, pay more,
shades of M$ client licensing?  I believe that many of the newer packages
allow this now, and to be fair I haven't checked BT terms and conditions
for their newer packages.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk