[Gllug] Mail programs

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Fri Oct 12 11:33:30 UTC 2001

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 12:07:52PM +0100, tet at accucard.com wrote:

> If anyone knows of something that:
>
> - lets me edit messages using vi
> - read mail both when I'm sitting in X, and when I'm remotely logged in
>   from a text-only terminal

Doing this in Mutt at the moment.

> - the ability to customise headers, preferably with as much flexibility
>   as mh/nmh

Well, mutt can do so globally, and per-message with send-hooks,
folder-hooks etc., and then manually by editing the full message.

> - allowing me to use procmail to filter incoming mail
> - (optionally) forwards attachments
> - handles bulk forwarding well

I've only tried to do bulk forwarding once, a long time ago.  I
don't remember it being painful, so I think mutt does it OK.

> but I could probably get by without them if I had to. Of the ones I've
> looked at, I think Balsa has a lot of potential, but it fails on my
> first criteria, so I didn't even bother looking for the other features.

I don't see mutt listed anywhere, I am surprised as it is quite
popualr, so sorry if I have misunderstood.

--
<Will> i shouldnt have touched myself when i was in the zen state or near
  it.