[Gllug] Hypothetical GPL question

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Oct 9 10:22:42 UTC 2001

On Tuesday, 9 Oct 2001, Paul Brazier wrote:
> [...]

I'll say it again. The GPL is not designed to restrict the author;
it's a set of conditions the author can impose to grant others certain
freedoms. If you want to release a program that's useful to others who
want to modify and distribute it, of course you would release the
information necessary to modify it; if not, why are you trying to use
the GPL?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk