[Gllug] Comparison

Steve Nicholson steve.nicholson at yoursolutions.com
Wed Oct 24 11:00:07 UTC 2001

> Does anyone have a link that compares cost of rackmounted
> linux to linux on an IBM mainframe?

There is an article in this months LinuxUser on Telia Net moving from 70
servers to a zSeries.  There is a quote from the CFO of Telia Net "We
have made a cost calculation and we think a virtual server running on
this mainframe system is about 10 percent of the cost of running on
different platforms".  I'm sure they would be happy to share their
experiences.  http://www.telianet.dk/ If you don't have access to the
mag let me know and I could scan the article for you, don't know if they
are available online.

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk