[Gllug] Problem with Apache & Virtual Hosting

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Mon Oct 15 15:46:51 UTC 2001

On Monday 15 October 2001 16:24, you wrote:
> When I start Apache, my virtual hosting seems to work fine
> for a couple of hours or so... then it starts wierding out by either
> dropping the virtual hosting directives entirely, or by associating the
> wrong paths with the virtual host in question. A simple restart of Apache
> usually resolves it, but I have to restart Apache at least once a day.

Apache shouldn't be doing this (and, I would bet, isn't). Is the machine it
runs on generally stable? This could be a sign of RAM slowly going.

Also, are you using any kung-fu mod_rewrite rules, or something like that?
The fact that something which did work then breaks means that the
configuration is changing somehow - I don't think that's an Apache thing.

I would also check that Apache is actually serving the right stuff by using
telnet to port 80 - it could be your browser (or, more likely, proxy, if you
have one) that could be dropping the Host: info.

Cheers,
			Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk