[Gllug] mutt/gpg

Paul Brazier pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 10:25:55 UTC 2001

> I don't think I can do anything at all about inline PGP other than use
> procmail to amend the emails as they come in.
> I'll try removing all the gpg.rc stuff and see if that solves any
> problems.

I still can't get mutt to work with gpg.
I've removed the gpg.rc inclusion from .muttrc
Procmail now changes inline encrypted messages (such as Outlook Express
produce) to MIME attachments, but mutt tells me they are of type:
message/rfc822.
Pressing "p" for the attachment to get the pgp menu just asks me if I
want to print and mutt doesn't have a flag next to the email indicating
PGP-encrypted message.

If I try to encrypt a message it prints out my gpg keyring, scrolling
mutt off the top of the screen and strangely the end-of-lines become
carriage returns without line feeds. It then says "searching for key of
fred at bloggs.com" (public key of who I'm sending the message to, which is
on my keyring) and just hangs until I do Ctrl-Z or something.

the originator.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk