[Gllug] Something Simple

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 15:17:59 UTC 2001

> Hi All,
>
> A simple question but one that is causing me problems. Is there an easy way
> to automatically ftp the contents of a directory up to a remote web server
> running ftp.
>
> I want to write some sort of script that I run and it connect to the ftp
> server and then copies the contents of a directory up then disconnects..
>
> James

if you have ncftp installed (if not then get it) you can use ncftpput and
ncftpget. look at the man pages for each and it gives command line
(scriptable) ftp transfer instructions.
ie
#!/bin/sh
ncftpput -R ftp.wherever.org  /local/directory /remote/directory

Try that.
--
Stephen Harker
steve at pauken.co.uk, http://www.pauken.co.uk