[Gllug] [Q] Digital Camera Recomendations

Richie Jarvis richie at smalldragon.net
Fri Oct 19 19:41:34 UTC 2001

I've got an excellant Olympus C-3000 Zoom, again USB.  I totally agree with you about the LCD - I don't take many pictures without it!!!  Batterys is something that you will find a problem with - so here is a recommendation - get one that takes standard batteries - the NiMH ones last very well - in my camera, they lasted for 3 days, and about 100 shots (and if you do run out without your charger, its nice and easy to go and buy some normal non-rechargeable ones!)  The 128mb smart card I have (which cost me £150 a year ago, and would now cost me £50 at ebuyer.com - bah!) stores 84 images at 2048x1536 with moderate compression on.

The slight delay when taking a photo is managable on this model - especially when u put it into sharp shooter mode - I went to Thruxton to watch the bike racing this year, and got some excellant shots - no blur - lovely pictures :)

As to using it with Linux - I am afraid I use Win2k for my daily grind, so I don't have any experience of that.

I would recommend it to anyone - it was about £500, and I reckon I have saved my outlay in film already - having already filled a 700mb CD with the 'keep' pictures :)

Cheers,

Richie

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk