[Gllug] Floppies

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Wed Oct 31 12:58:29 UTC 2001

t.clarke(tim at seacon.co.uk)@Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 09:29:19AM +0100:

> Floppies are great for moving round small amounts of data very cheaply
> (ie free, since I have so many kicking around from various sources)
> The drives cost next to nothing too !

ahhhh, sneaker-net!
reminds me of days gone by, scurrying into the uni labs to FTP down my first linux distro.  then scurrying back home to find out 'b3' was nackered, because that old 720k disk with a HD hole drilled in it didnt quite work that well.

but, to be honest i think floppies days are numbered, yes blank CDR's are cheap, but lets not forget the all might power of LS-120!

--

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk