[Gllug] Reiserfs faster boot

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Sun Oct 7 19:32:31 UTC 2001

On Sat 06 Oct, Nix made the following spurious claims:

> and it's *much* slower at hole creation

What exactly is hole creation in filesystem terms?  Excuse my
ignorance.

> Oh, and it has considerably higher CPU

Hmmm, will have to try it out.  CPU has long ceased to be the
bottleneck on modern PC systems for day-to-day operations.  Video
bandwidth and disk access times seem to me to be the major
constraints.

Will have to try out reiserfs on my IDE RAID 0 root filesystem array.
Might try it out with my /var partition first.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk