[Gllug] Replacement fo MS Exchange Server

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Thu Oct 18 14:11:34 UTC 2001

Hi,

MS Exchange is HUGE (although I suspect that you already knew that). What
features are you looking for? So far as simple mail servers go - plenty.
Calendar servers - quite a few. Workflow management? Still one or two lying
around.

A generic, drop-in, MS Exchange work alike daemon doesn't exist so far as
I'm aware though. You could probably get similar functionality by tying
together a few different bits and pieces with a single user profile in LDAP
or something.

As always hit the usual suspects (freshmeat.net, google.com, other preferred
clearing houses) for a more authoritative answer.

Richard