[Gllug] Cyrus IMAP delivery

matthew.king at gardeneden.net matthew.king at gardeneden.net
Wed Oct 17 14:18:49 UTC 2001

On 17 Oct, John Hearns wrote:

> One way you do the filtering is with your email client.  So you set
> the filters up in Pine/Mozilla/Evolution (whatever) and the client
> will read mail from the Inbox and filter it.
>
> That does have the drawback, which I suffer from, that every time
> you start using a new email client you have to put the filters in
> again...

This is exactly what I'm trying to avoid, as at a minimum I use an X
client and mutt.

> I just checked the Orielly 'Managing IMAP' book.
> It has a section on how to implement procmail with
> a cyrus server. Page 193 onwards.

This is convenient as I will be buying the book at some point.

> And, that's part of the sample chapter on the Oreilly site.

And this is even more convenient :-)

Cheers

Matthew

--
GIT/CM/M d++ s++:- a-->? C++++ UL++++ P++ L+++ E W-- N+ o? K++ w---
O-- M-- V? PS+>++ PE Y+>++ PGP++>+++ t+ 5-- X+ R tv- b++@ DI++++ D++