[Gllug] [Q] Digital Camera Recomendations

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Fri Oct 19 14:49:04 UTC 2001

>And my Canon S10. Irritating as blazes when you're trying to take pics
>of birds in flight (at the Hawk Conservancy, Andover, if anyone wants
>a really good day out - but get there before midday). I've learned to
>anticipate and try and press the button early, then delete if it
>doesn't work...

Yes, but at least birds are relatively slow moving. At the British Grand
Prix, I ended up with lots and lots and *lots* of pictures of emtpy track,
where a few fractions of a second earlier there had been a Formula 1 car
moving at 200+ mph. You can try and anticipate, and press the button in
advance, but at those speeds, you have to be pretty lucky. That said, by
the end of the race, my hit rate was noticably higher than at the start.

FWIW, you can minimise the delay by ensuring you have fresh batteries.
At least on the Olympus C-2020 Z I've found that the delay increases as
the batteries run down.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk