[Gllug] Opinions on Smoothwall and other firewalls

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Sat Oct 6 10:02:44 UTC 2001

On Saturday 06 October 2001 10:06, you wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Oct 2001, Jake Jellinek uttered the following:
> > But it is stated to be GPL and
> > the source code is now available, so someone should just tweak it and
> > rename it and start up a more sane development team!  (ouch,
> > forking...now that's another whole subject)
>
> I'd be inclined to think that this is the kind of situation where
> forking is arguably a *good* thing.

This has been suggested before - task-milky-milky was suggested on u.c.o.l by
someone I can't remember, but I myself was also accused of suggesting it by
one R. Morrell. I think anyone who did take it on would have to take serious
steps in terms of asbestos lining....

.. that said, it would make a pretty good LUG project - pretty easy to; if
you look at the SmoothWall codebase, it's not huge by any means.

Cheers,

			Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk