[Gllug] ADSL problems

steve at fractalus.com steve at fractalus.com
Sat Oct 20 10:55:23 UTC 2001

On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 02:10:55AM +0100, Jon Maters wrote:
> the vast superiority of Benoit's PPPoverATM implementation/support for

I spent basically all day yesterday getting it working + ip masq. Due to a
strange hardware setup, patches that didn't quite work and a lot of time
spent chasing phanton problems that went away if I rebooted...

But its up now.

How have you automated it? I was going to just put a script in init.d  -
What happens if the link goes down? I'm not willing to log in to set stuff
up again...

Also, I'd be interested in seeing what modem_run reports for speed for you
etc? It said very silly things here. I'm supposed to be the only person
with ADSL here and NT reports 576k, but I havn't quite seen the speed I
had in NT...

--
have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com fractalus.com/steve