[Gllug] ADSL recommendations

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Thu Oct 11 07:34:44 UTC 2001

>More importantly: What's this crap about BT not allowing incoming
>connections? That's got my interest!

Many ISPs don't (or didn't when I looked into it) allow incoming
connections if you go for the USB option. That's one of the reasons
I went for Ethernet.

>Who else is ADSL available from (given I live in Whitechapel)?

Pretty much everyone. Ultimately, everyone in the UK currently gets
their ADSL from BT, so anywhere that BT covers is almost certainly
covered by another ISP. I use Freedom 2 Surf, and am very happy with
them. (http://www.f2s.net).

ObDisclaimer: Yes, the CEO is a friend of mine.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk